Saturday, July 8, 2017

Day 3 - 2017

Mathew 25: 35-40 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Then the righteous will answer him, Lord when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you? The King will reply, Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers or sisters of mine, you did for me.

Today our group returned to Villa de San Francisco. As usual, there was a line of people eagerly awaiting our medical team when we arrived.The chance to see a Doctor, and even more, the chance to receive medication is a true blessing to these people. 

The construction team returned to finish the house that we started yesterday. The North Americans finished up the roof, Windows, door, and some misc. trim while our Honduran workers made quick work of mixing the concrete. 

But the most exciting event of the day was the baptism of a new sister. The lady that we built a house for in Villa de San Francisco last year (which is next door to the house we built this year) asked to be baptized this afternoon. 


This gives confirmation to everything we do in Honduras. I have often heard it said that it is hard for someone to make a decision about eternity when they have no food. It is hard for them to hear the message when they have no roof over their head. Providing for their physical needs while showing the love of Christ allows for the opportunity to provide for their spiritual needs as well. It has been a good day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment