Monday, July 15, 2013

Day 5 - 2013

It has been another long but productive day.  This morning we started a house for a Gentleman from the church congregation. I have no idea how to spell his name correctly, but it's sounds like Yobani.   I think I understood that he has 12 children.  This is him showing off one of his many pets.

 The building site was absolutely gorgeous! This picture does not do it justice. How I would love to wake up to this view every morning!
Even though we were pretty much hanging off the side of the mountain, the site itself was in great shape. The walls went up very quickly and were pretty much finished by lunch. 
Speaking of lunch, we were once again treated to a delicious meal, prepared by the family. 
After lunch, we put the finishing touches on the walls, hung the door, and started working on the roof. All we lack for tomorrow is putting metal on the roof, running the wire for electricity, and pouring the concrete for the floor. 
Tonight, we visited the public hospital here in Tegusegalpa. Emily and Nahum had left the construction site early to help the ladies at the clinic prepare 500 meals for us to carry to the hospital. These were given out to patients, people waiting to be seen, and family members. 


Words cannot describe this experience. Honestly, I had been dreading it because of memories I still had from the last time I was there. Perhaps one of the Hondurans with us said it best " it is really an awful place...".  I just cannot imagine having a sick loved one and this be my only option to get help for them.  We are so blessed to live in the U.S.  Any concerns of worries that I thought I had before seem quite petty now. I don't know what an impact 1 meal will have on their lives, but I pray that it helped to ease some suffering for at least 1 night. 











2 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing view! We miss you so much but are so glad you are there. Tell all our friends hola from me. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. look for your blog 1st thing every morning. Thank you for helping us feel that we are there! Great work going on. God bless you all. Suzanne and Bill

    ReplyDelete