Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Day 7 - 2013

It is truly hard to believe that our trip is quickly coming to an end. I do not believe that our time here could have been any better. No one got sick, everyone seemed to have a great time, and we managed to accomplish all that we set out to do. I pray that we made some difference in all who's lives we touched this week. I would encourage anyone who has never been, to come to Honduras. It is a life-changing experience. It is hard to realize how richly God has blessed us until you see how some of the rest of the world lives.

In years past, the most touching part of the trip for me has been handing out food bags. Nothing warms your heart quite like giving food to the poor. This year was no exception. Always before, we have just driven out to poor areas and handed out the food to random people that we encounter. This year, Carlos wanted to try something different. He had the families in the congregation hand out tickets to people that they knew would benefit from the food. The ticket holders were told to come to the church building at 9:00 this morning to hear a message and pick up their food. I'll be honest, I had my doubts as to how well this way would work compared to what we normally do. But, I was totally wrong! It worked out great! There was already a line when we arrived at the buildings his morning. 
And they just kept coming! I quit counting at 215. We probably had close to 250 including children. 

Here is Carlos leading a song at the beginning of his message. 




























1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for taking the time to post pictures and information!
    Emily had a great time and it was so fun to be able to see what y'all were doing each day while she was gone.

    ReplyDelete