Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Day 7 - 2016

The Honduras trip is always one of my favorite weeks of the year and this year has been no different. I think everyone will agree that we have had an awesome experience. And today was a great end to a great week. The medical team held a clinic at the bottom of a mountain somewhere close to Valle de Angeles. I head the name several times but still didn't get it. It was one of the prettiest places I've been down here. 
We were very lucky in that today was Limpera Day all over Honduras. It is the celebration of Limpera, a native Honduran hero that their currency is named after. All of the children were dressed up as Indians and spent the day dancing, playing games, and having fun. 
It was a successful medical clinic as well. I didn't get the final count, but I think they saw about 70 patients. 
At the end of the day, we gave out t shirts and soccer jerseys to children at the school. 
A few of guys stayed at the church building in Valle de Angeles and built tables out of lumber left over from the 2 houses we built this week. These will be used for many purposes, including Sunday School and children's activities. 
I hope you have gotten a little taste of Honduras through the words of this blog. But as I always say, no matter how much I talk about it, you just can't imagine the experience until you've seen it for yourself. If you are interested in being apart of the Honduras mission or helping out in any way, please talk to me (Chris Barnes), Joe Cummins, or Ricky Pierce. 






No comments:

Post a Comment